In this video:
Detailed instructions and demonstrations of how to address dog who play run-away / keep-away. Several strategies and options are presented to provide inspiration for you to work with your dog’s own unique version of run-away / keep-away.
The Goal of Run-Away / Keep-Away Manners Lesson
• Is not to win, especially at your dog’s expense
• Is not to make your dog feel bad for what they have done
• It is to connect and feel together through friendship
• It is to have fun together, rather than at your discomfort
The 6 Guidelines to Teaching Run-Away / Keep-Away Manners
1. Plan ahead
2. Don’t take it personally
3. Take your time
4. Trust your dog
5. Goal of connection
6. Never grab!
The 4 Strategies to Teaching Run-Away / Keep-Away Manners
1. Zombie Walk
2. Chase Me!
3. Play With Me!
4. Touch Without Grabbing
One Last Thing - Tupay
• Means to have full disclosure
• To be transparent about what you are doing
• Getting your dog at their expense – by distracting them, tricking them or bribing them – will only fuel their desire to out wit you next time
• Be honest - My intention is to catch you
Your Questions and Comments are Welcome
We would love to hear from you. ♥
Share your questions and comments in the area provided below so you can receive answers and support.
You can also share support for your fellow participants with replies to their comments